“Advertising presents the most persuasive possible selling message to the right prospects for the product or service at the lowest possible cost”.
Advertising presents and upholds the ideas, commodities and services of a recognized advertiser, which provides as a communication link between the producer and the potential buyers. It gives the information to the would-be buyers who are interested in seeking the information about a product and the manufacturer. Advertising may be taken as the most efficient means of reaching people with product information. Advertising presents a mass persuasion apart from disseminating information to the prospective buyers about the product and the producer. While creating awareness and popularity, it seeks to persuade. It is a more effective and extensive and less expensive way of creating contacts.
The purpose of advertising is to sell something – a product, a service or an idea. The real objective of advertising is effective communication between goods and clients and increasing awareness.
- To make an immediate sale
- To build primary demand.
- To introduce a price deal.
- To build brand recognition or brand insistence.
- To help salesman by building an awareness of a product among retailers.
- To create a reputation for service, reliability or research strength.
- To increase market share.